RedShift Coilover Kit (2006-11, 12+ Honda Civic)
This is our new coilover kit. It is a spring "kit" and does not include shocks (but it is meant for use with Koni Sport shocks). It's not cheap because we do relatively low production volume (50 at a time). Standard spring rate is 350F/440R. This kit will lower your car 0.5 to 2.0 inches.A few important things to know about this coilover kit:
- This kit requires use of the "Coupe/HFP" style front shocks, which can be identified as having a rubber isolator at the bottom of the spring with a nipple that extends through the lower spring perch. You can see this rubber nipple if you kneel next to one of your front wheels and look into the wheel well, just above the front tire (you may need a flashlight). Easy to see or feel when the car is stock height and still on the ground. This new coilover kit does not require removal of the stock lower front spring perch like our older coilovers did. This is much easier to use and works really well.
- This kit requires you to cut the upper front strut mount to approximately half the height it normally is, which provides for 5/8" more compression travel and reduced stack height of the front upper spring perch. A picture of the top mount cutting requirements is in the pictures of this product; so refer to that picture for more information. You may not understand why we make you do this, but it's an important part of why this kit works well.
- The rear spring height adjustment collar is fastened to the upper spring mount on the car (not on the bottom like other kits). This reduces noise and allows the rear spring to be shorter (for a higher rear spring rate) and not fall out. The fastener is a self-drilling bolt that screws into place.
- We recommend Koni Sport shocks with this kit. Using stock shocks, Koni STRT, or Truhart shocks with this kit will leave you with a somewhat under-damped setup that will feel floaty at best and bouncy at worst. Note that when installing this with Koni Sports, you have to put the adjustment collar and perch on the front strut housings before inserting the Koni insert....otherwise the Koni's top flange nut won't allow you to place the adjustment collar correctly.
- Camber plates also available with this kit.
All coilover kits come with high quality Eibach Elite Barrel Race Springs. Swift springs are not available with this kit as an upgrade because barrel springs are needed. Note also that every Eibach Elite Barrel spring we have tested was lighter than the Swift equivalent.
Recommended rates are:OPTIONS:
Best Comfort: 350/250 (metric equivalent = 6.3/4.5) Note: We do not go below 350 in front.
Performance Street with decent comfort: 350/400 (metric equivalent = 6.3/7.1)
Performance Street with autocross/track in mind: 400/500 (metric equivalent = 7.1/8.9)
Autocross/Track: 450/650 (Metric Equivalent - 8.0/11.6)
- 4” Hypercoils helper springs to retain tension on primary springs in front when car is raised. Not necessary but some people like to have this tension at all time (so primary springs are never loose in their perches). http://store.redshiftmotorsports.com/product-p/hy...